Tuesday, June 14, 2005

High Speed Interurban Trolleys

HIGH SPEED INTERURBAN TROLLEYS

Interurban trolleys were used widely a long time ago here in Indiana. When I wrote up a column about energy depletion in the Pharos Tribune, I mentioned bringing back some form of the interurban or trolleys fueled by biodiesel. I think it would be forward-thinking and a great historical tourism spectacle for Logansport on first investment! A lot of younger people probably aren't even aware that Logansport had an interurban and a trolley system. You can still see the old track lines through the pavement down our main street. The only way I know of these old transportation systems is through my 96-year-old grandfather who is still alert and cognitive enough to tell me all kinds of stories about the old days.

On this website, it shows this picture of a terminal that was located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Wow! We were booming back then weren't we?! In 1904, Indianapolis' interurban terminal was the biggest in the world!


interurban terminal, Indianapolis, Indiana Posted by Hello

No comments: