Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Support for Obama crossing party lines

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A Republican political get together is planned for Thursday night in Hamilton County. GOP loyalists will work on a strategy to support their candidate for president.

But don't jump to conclusions. This group of Republicans, in one of the most Republican counties in the nation are working on behalf of a Democrat.

"I voted for Reagan and Bush and Bush, then Dole, then Bush and Bush," said Republican Chuck Lasker a GOP Obama supporter.

But this time, Lasker is voting for Barack Obama and he's trying to get other Hamilton County Republicans to do the same.

"There's a lot of disaffected Republicans out here. And so, just looking at the alternatives, I decided that Senator Obama better represents my views," said Lasker.


Full article at link. I do believe Indiana is a VERY disgruntled state right now. I kind of like it.

No comments: