Saturday, September 30, 2006

Poll: Donnelly Ahead in tight race in 2nd congressional district--South Bend Tribune

Click here for full article. It's about 10 days old but I found it on another site. I think Joe is looking good right now but we must keep our nose to the grindstone. A little over a month from an election is like an eternity in politics. Much can happen. However, right now, if yard signs could determine the vote, Donnelly would be winnign in a landslide. If that's what it takes to get name recognition, it's what we've got to do.

I also heard on the radio this morning that Joe Donnelly was endorsed by the Democrat Pro-Life group. I bet many of the one-issue voters never realized he was a pro-life candidate. I remember campaigning in '04 for Donnelly and I knocked on the door of this one home in my precinct to canvass for Donnelly. The occupants didn't want to hear anything from me because I was Democrat. They were obviously staunch religious right-wing Republicans. I saw allusions to this by the stickers in their window and their bumper stickers on their car. The next week they had Chocola signs in their front yard. Little did they know they were supporting the opponent of a pro-life candidate. I tried to tell them!

No comments: